Acrylic chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate, also known as PMMA or acrylic. It is an important plastic polymer material developed earlier. It has good transparency, chemical stability and weather resistance. It is easy to dye and process. , Beautiful appearance, has a wide range of applications in the handicraft industry. The light transmittance of pure acrylic can reach 92%, and it has the crystal-like quality, so many acrylic products are viewed and treasured by people as crystal products.
How to show the clear and transparent characteristics of acrylic, reflect the value of acrylic crafts, maximize the grade and taste of acrylic crafts, bonding technology plays a pivotal role here. Acrylic display racks are often processed by cutting, grinding, polishing, bonding and other processes, and the bonding process is a very crucial part in the processing of acrylic display racks.
The fastness, transparency and rationality of the bonding process directly affect the quality of acrylic crafts. An exquisite workmanship, crystal clear acrylic crafts will be heartily loved, and a rough craft and lack of aesthetic acrylic crafts will not arouse people’s interest, the quality of the bonding process directly affects The beauty and quality of acrylic display stand.
The bonding process of acrylic display stands is mainly affected by two aspects:
- The applicability of the adhesive itself;
- Operation skills of bonding.
There are many adhesives on the domestic and foreign markets, mainly two types, one is two-component, such as epoxy resin; and the other is single-component, such as CHCl3 (chloroform). Generally speaking, two-component adhesives are bonded by mixing reaction, and single-component adhesives are the final volatilization of a solvent to achieve bonding. The two-component adhesive is characterized by good bonding effect, no bubbles, no whitening, and high strength after bonding. The disadvantage is that the operation is complex, difficult, long curing time, slow, difficult to meet the requirements of mass production. The general single-component adhesive is characterized by fast speed, which can meet the technical requirements of mass production. The disadvantage is that the bonded products are prone to bubbles, whitening, and poor weather resistance, which directly affects the external appearance of acrylic products. In terms of appearance and product quality, therefore, how to choose a suitable adhesive in the processing of acrylic products to improve the grade and grade of acrylic products is a big problem that must be solved first in the bonding process. Acrylic UV adhesive By dissolving the acrylic and allowing it to release the curing agent to participate in the curing reaction, the adhesion between the acrylics is achieved. From the physical and chemical point of view, it has the commonality of the two adhesives; from the point of view of operability and bonding effect, they completely overcome their shortcomings and have their advantages. And the adhesive itself fully complies with the regulations of the EU countries, and does not contain chloroform or benzene to be carcinogenic. The strong adhesive function of acrylic UV adhesive makes it have a comprehensive and unparalleled advantage for the adhesion of acrylic at home and around the world.
How does the acrylic display stand have the best bonding effect?
- In order to prevent the overflow of glue from contaminating the acrylic sheet, the method of sticking adhesive can be used to protect the parts that do not need to be bonded.
- Grease, dust or air holes will affect the uniform coating of the glue layer and leave air bubbles, which must be carefully removed before bonding.
- If the amount of glue is too small during bonding, the glue will shrink during the curing process, and the air will generate bubbles.
- Indoor temperature and humidity and other factors also have a certain influence on the adhesion of acrylic products.
- The stress on the surface of the acrylic board, the surface stress and the degradation products caused by the cutting tool will affect the bonding effect of the acrylic products.
- The choice of acrylic materials, avoid using acrylic materials made from recycled materials on the market.
- Choose good acrylic UV glue, which can help you avoid the problem of bubbles in the acrylic display rack.
- The light transmittance of acrylic materials and the UV intensity of uv curing lamps of different powers are different, and the time of complete curing is different. Before mass production, small batch testing should be done to master the empirical data of complete curing time. In addition It is to be careful and slow. Work slowly and carefully. When we use UV glue to glue the acrylic display stand, the first thing we need to do is to wipe the acrylic surface clean first. Improve bonding quality. For cross-section bonding with a thickness of less than 3 mm, use a syringe to inject UV glue evenly and slowly from one side, and irradiate with a uv curing lamp for 1-2 minutes to complete the bonding. For bonding with a thickness greater than 3 mm, a thin metal wire can be inserted, and the sizing is completed using the principle of capillary action. After the sizing is applied, the metal wire is drawn out before being irradiated with an ultraviolet curing lamp, or tape that needs not to be adhered can be applied Protect, leave the glued area coated with glue, and then slant it into the acrylic plate to extrude
bubble. Irradiate with uv curing lamp for 1-2 minutes to complete the bonding. The above is just one of the ways to glue acrylic products with uv glue. There are many other bonding methods. The bonding method is also different. The key is that users should be skilled and try different bonding methods to find the right bonding for their products Craftsmanship.
The bonding technique of acrylic display stand is also very important. Below are four common bonding processes, and their actual operation skills are analyzed.
- Docking: Place the two acrylic plates to be docked horizontally on the operating platform, close them together, and stick a tape on the bottom, leaving a gap no more than 0.3mm wide for the preparation of adhesive. Use a syringe to inject the acrylic adhesive from one side evenly and slowly from the gap until it is fully filled, and remove the tape after it is fully cured.
- Elevation bonding: Elevation bonding is the most widely used bonding technology, which is widely used in the production of various acrylic products. First, clean the surface to be bonded. It is best to use a master to achieve bonding, so that the bonding material does not shake, which is conducive to improving the quality of bonding. If the thickness of the acrylic plate is within 3mm, the acrylic plate adhesive can be directly and slowly injected from one side with a syringe to complete the bonding. Acrylic plates with a thickness greater than 3mm can be bonded with thin metal wires and capillary action is used to complete the bonding. Pull out the metal wires before the adhesive is cured, or you can use a tape to protect the parts that do not need to be stuck, leaving Apply adhesive to the part where the adhesive is applied, and then slant into the acrylic plate to extrude the bubbles.
- Bevel bonding: The bevel must be attached at a 90-degree angle to prevent displacement of the bonded surface. When applying acrylic board adhesive, it should be even and slow. The master can only be removed after curing.
- Plane bonding: Plane bonding is a special method. First, wipe the adhered surface clean, and place it horizontally, and put an appropriate amount of UV glue on it. Place one side of the other acrylic board diagonally on the acrylic coated with adhesive, then slowly and evenly lower it, and squeeze out the bubbles from one side to complete the bonding.